Map of the Americas

Map of the Americas
We are using this map to find our way home. We will be marking where we are in big fat red marker like Indiana Jones. (map idea courtesy of Blake Golden)

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Iquitos, Perú Tuesday, February 26th 9pm


Picture: This is just a cool picture, but I definitely look like a drug lord. For the record, I´m not a drug lord.

Countdown until the adventure begins: 4 days!

So the past couple of days I have been back studying Pediatrics. Back to the grind, not fully, but studying like 5 hours a day. And to speak honestly, it has been very refreshing! I´ve loved it! I love medicine and cannot wait to get back working hard in the hospital.

I just count this blessing as one that carries much weight. I love what I do, and that is so fortunate! I may be cursing these words later, but I´m looking forward to residency. How fortunate to have a chance to work hard and learn a trade that you love. Bring on that challenge, it´s not a challenge but an opportunity.

It´s been a while since I´ve done actual hard work. Not that studying pediatrics for 5 hours a day for three days is hard work, or anything close to it, but it has reminded me that I enjoy hard work. That´s the weirdest thing, but I do enjoy working hard. It´s part of me.

Blog Point:
1. So that date the other nite? We went out to eat at a respectable burger joint, as opposed to street burgers which might taste better. Well my friend Rhett came as well to eat, and as he bought my previous meal, I bought his that nite. So there were three of us sitting down for burgers, fries, and drinks. I picked up the whole bill. It was all of six dollars and a quarter. God bless the dollar!

2. So it´s hard to find bourbon or a good whiskey down here. When you do it´s normally Grants or something just terrible. Well I was shell-shocked the otherday when I walked into a cornerstore called Marthita´s. It´s a little grocery store that if you saw it in the States you would think, DO NOT GO THERE. Here it´s normal. Sure enough, Martha sells the nasty normal bourbon as well as Johnny Walker Blue Label!!! For those that don´t know, it´s like $150 a bottle wholesale! It blew my mind. The bottle retailed for $200. It is probably the most aged whiskey in South America as no one here will ever be able to afford that, much less go to Marthita´s in search of good whiskey.

No comments: