Map of the Americas

Map of the Americas
We are using this map to find our way home. We will be marking where we are in big fat red marker like Indiana Jones. (map idea courtesy of Blake Golden)

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Iquitos, Peru Tuesday February 19th 7pm



Picture: The is me and a llama. Which in my opinion rocks. I put this picture up though because it shows my backpack. Granted it´s not full, but it´s the backpack that I´ve written about below.

Wow! I´m so ready to start my adventure! Iquitos is this great city and offers me so much, but all I can think about is what lies ahead. These next eleven days are probably going to pass slowly. I just talked with somebody today who spent more than a month in Columbia and just fell in love with the country. I hear that time and time again about Columbia. I´m really damn excited to get there!

I packed my pack today to see if everything would fit. Worth noting, I am only taking one backpack! It´s amazing how much ¨stuff¨ we accumulate back home, that we don´t need. I re-realize this when packing for a three month adventure and all I have is a backpack a little larger than the one I wore to high school. I do want to note what I am carrying as I imagine I would be inclined to read this later in life:

-5 pairs of underwear -my chaco´s -1 pair of jeans -1 lock and chain
-4 pairs of socks -my tenis shoes -2 pairs of shorts -1 travel pillow
-4 t-shirts -3 books -1 head lamp -half a towel
-2 button down shirts -1 dopp kit -1 journal -1 pair of swimtrunks
-1 deck of cards -1 pullover -1 Auburn ball cap

And last but most importantly, one hammock! Granted I am hitching the travel pillow and chaco´s to the outer part of the bag, but I´m still impressed that everything else fits! It´s not a big backpack! Anyway, writing about this is only making me more excited! I´m going to see a movie tonight at the cines, likely in Spanish, surely for a dollar and a quarter! Let me know if I´ve forgotten anything!

1 comment:

Nai Nai said...

Hello, I have so much enjoyed your blogs. I found you through Abby Maddox's blogs and I can't wait each day to get your next blog. Be safe, have fun and keep us informed.