Map of the Americas

Map of the Americas
We are using this map to find our way home. We will be marking where we are in big fat red marker like Indiana Jones. (map idea courtesy of Blake Golden)

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Iquitos, Peru February 16th 8pm



Picture: I slept here for four days. Literally people six inches to both sides of me and people sleeping on the floor below me. It was nuts.

I guess I´ll try out my journal entry from yesterday. The journal entries should get more interesting once I leave Iquitos in two weeks.

Today was a day of sentiment. It started off by Trey, my brother, being online for a gchat. We chatted for about an hour, and it was just great catching up with him. He is one who my admiration runs incredibly high, so anyone who knows me, knows that was a great way to start my day. Then Eva told me I could find a phone at her office where I could call the U.S. for free! So with my mom´s bday being only a week away, I called my folks for about twenty minutes! It´s always good to hear their voices.

This afternoon I sat with three students who are trying to learn English. We practiced my conversational Spanish for about an hour and then I helped them with their basic English for about an hour and a half. They are very polite and definitely want to learn English so it is a good co-op. I´m looking forward to doing it again!

Tonight we are going out! I´m excited because it should be more than I can handle. Dancing down here is completely different than the States. Full sweats, not the pants, but sweating, and such good rythym. It should a damn good time!

No comments: